Monday, May 11, 2009

Reader Discretion is Advised. It Contains Issues of Religion


Mum told me just now about her UiTM friend, if I'm not mistaken her name is Elaini who's mother just passed away yesterday. Elaini currently doing her PhD in New Zealand and she has a home at condominium Section 9, Shah Alam. Mum couldn't go for Elaini's mother's burial. This story was told by mum's friends and I was told by her moments ago.

Elaini's mother is a chinese converted muslim when she married to Elaini's father. She's a Sabahan if I'm not mistaken. She fell sick 2 months ago and Elaini brought her mother to live at Section 9 while she's studying in NZ to take care of her. So, Elaini's husband with her son/daughter take care of her mother here.

Anyway, Elaini's father divorced her mother when Elaini was younger. Elaini has a brother.

This morning, my mum's friends visited them at Section 9. Yang tolong mandikan jenazah husband dia and anak dia. Jenazah siap dimandikan dan dikapankan.

Pagi tu, I think a relative of them from Sabah, he's a Christian came to their home all the way from Sabah. He wanted to take the jenazah with him and buried as a Christian.

And that guy and the family members had a really massive argument. Really, Elaini's friends were hopeless and they couldn't do anything because is was a family issue.

Anyway, her mother is a muslim and I do not know whether her mother practised as a Muslim.

Wallahuallam.

And that relative from Sabah wanted her to bury as a Christian and he even called MAS Kargo to pick the jenazah this very day.

I do know how's the issues resolved but if I'm not mistaken again, Elaini's brother managed to come to an agreement with elaini's husband and relative from Sabah that their mother will be buried as a muslim in Sabah not at Shah Alam.

Aku tak tau macam mana nak cerita, I guess I lost many points there but MAS Kargo arrived at that place with a coffin. The coffin was carried by 2 Indians and the very sad part was when Elaini's mother was put into the coffin by them, and it was nailed and to be sent off to Sabah this very day.

And when they had the argument with the relative from Sabah, the family members contacted the JAIS and JAIS was helpless. Diorang tanya lah macam mana nak settle this problem and the JAIS fellow said if her mother's IC card stated Islam and she should buried as Islam. Of course Elaini's family wants her mother to be buried as a Muslim but what about the siblings of Elaini's mother who claimed that she's not a Muslim anymore? And diorang call banyak kali lagi and JAIS was helpless and they just ignore the phone call.

When mummy told me this, memang sedih lah, bulu roma sume naik .. Normally I listen to this in news but when I am facing this in front of my eyes, tak terkate weyh. As a Muslim, I'm very saddend by this.

Tonight Elaini will retun to KLIA from NZ and straight to Sabah.

Al-fatihah.

2 comments:

Rifqi Al-lil said...

ish. takut jugak macam tu. so better be sure of one's religions before being buried.

N D Z said...

honestly...sgt menakutkan situasi mcm ni...nobody's sure of anything at time like this kn...ade one of my friends,family die Christian tp skang die senyap2 practice islam,pakai tudung labuh smue kt kolej..blik umah kt sabah if i'm not mistaken,dia terpaksa sorok2 nk solat smue...anyway,may Allah help us all Muslims :)

blogwalk