Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Thing


You might be wondering what I'm up to for the last few days. Where I've been missing. What I'm doing. Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps you're not wondering at all. If that the case, you better be anywhere else but my blog. But on the off chance that you might noticed for my absence and please accept my apologies for not posting a very well good topic lately. Maybe due to lack of ideas or maybe I'm just too lazy.

To tell you the truth I feel naked without touching any books for the past one week. Er, that's exaggeration. But really, I mean it in a particular sort of way. Heck, that what I'm used to. Nevertheless, I occupied myself with Danielle Steel's 1982 Now & Forever. I was browsing to my dad's office last week and I caught a glimpse of the novel that attracted me so much in the dusty shelves. The novel was written even before I was born. I was amazed by the storyline and the author has a signature touch that keeps me reading on and on. Er, I'm on Chapter XXV anyway, there's more to go.

A strange thing happened to me the other day. I can't remember when exactly it happened, but it is still fresh in mind. I was very fast asleep that day and I was awaken in the middle of the night. It was a total darkness. It was like half dead, half alive. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't and my body was laying motionless. I was lying on the bed like a stone. I was unable to move any parts of my body. I was surpressed by a thing. Every breath I took was determined by the unforeseen thing on me. I didn't have any strength to fight. Powerless. I was being hempap.

It happened to me twice. The same bed at home. When it happened to me I didn't have the thought of reciting Ayatul Kursi. It happened just like that. And it occured to me to ask mum about hempap. She said it is normal for growing up teenagers to face this problem which I'm very concerned about. It happened to her also during her teen years and so does my friends. I know this thing exists but does it occur to the non Muslim as well? I wonder ...
I think it's a norm that it happens at old places. Not haunted but keras. Like mrsm jasin, mckk and tkc. But to think of it again, it can happen anywhere. It's possible even when we are in the era of glabalisation and modernisation. Things happen for a reason and there's a reason lies beneath it.

2 comments:

fiqss said...

ooook, this is scary.
im alone downstairs reading this (its 12.49am), while listening to david cook's version of the music of the night which is really haunting. haha

nway, urm, yeah ure ryte, these things dont just happen yknow. if by any chance it does happen again, be sure to let ur parents know eh. perhaps sumthing shuld be done?

about whether or not it happens to non muslims, im also not sure. haha. i THINK it does, but it happens to muslims more kot? to test us? heh.

Rifqi Al-lil said...

fuyo
i've never experienced such thing like that shad! and i hope not to!

maybe u should tidy up your room if it is in a mess!