Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Someday when I grow up I'll understand

Sometimes I can be selfish, just to think about myself, just to get what I want, just to have the feeling to hold and grap anything within my reach so that I feel satisfied, secured and sometimes proud. Everybody has that feeling but to what extent? At the expense of your family and friends? I paused and I think again. Maybe to me is a kind of achievement after all the hard work & effort and consideration you have given in doing something but not to the detriment of others. What I'm saying is you can't be selfish all the time. Well is good to be selfish occasionally but that occasionally can become a repetitive in nature, the more you do it, the more it will become part and parcel of your life.

It has been 4 years now since mum started her Ph.D way back in 2004. Over these times she has been very busy all day and night 24/7 to extent she has to sacrifice her time with her family completing her thesis, visiting various places to collect mouthful data, interviews and interviews and not enough with that, bombarded with a lot of assignments and deadlines. Anyway she's doing value engineering and value analysis. Somehow within her free time she managed to spend her time with us, accompanying me and the rest here and there, shopping, jogging at night, helped her to make fettucini carbonara and extremely delicious deserts to name a few. But what did I do in return? Complain? Nagging? Ask them to buy me this and that, send me here and there (though now I can drive). All she asked for is to understand her situation but sometimes I can be too ignorant and selfish, I only think about myself after all the natural love, affection and consideration she has given.

I dunno, maybe I'm too emo now to write here and I hate being emo-ish when I'm writing and it's like a sort of remembrance to me to act good all the time. I don't like that. Time to grow up Rashaad.

8 comments:

me said...

u know what?

saya terasa.

adoi.

Ahmad Rashaad said...

what's even more for me

fiqss said...

its ok rashaad, at least u realize it. if i should suggest one thing, is let her know how much u appreciate her ^_^

ok if u're the type yg segan to JUST say that to ur mom, then do sumthing sweet indirectly la. hehe.

good post. reminder to all us children!

p.s. they still drive u? u shuld be the one driving them :p

Ahmad Rashaad said...

i do drive them occasionally :) i'm a good son after all :P

Anonymous said...

I like your blog

Anonymous said...

It seems the culture of different countries, decided everyone in the same things on different views, however, write a good article!

Anonymous said...

I just had a brief understanding with my mom and I stumbled upon this. Perhaps we will things from their perspective once we're a parent ourselves. Thanks for the reminder Rashaad!

One of your mom's student :)

Anonymous said...

*misunderstanding.