Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Pismo from Russia


Yay, I finally received a letter from Farah yesterday! It was posted nearly 2 months ago. Ugrh, the waiting ... :P The heading is in russian. I cannot understand a word. The alphabet reminds me of the Angerthas writing in the JRR Tolkien's the Lord of the Rings which remains untouched in my bookshelves which I bought 7 years ago. It still looks as good as new though.

The letter is full of postage stamps from Nizhny Novgorod. I don't know where is the place but I know it's up there somewhere. I better check out the map. Hurm, wonder to me how much she has spent on the postage and postcards eh? Don't worry I'll reply as soon as possible. ;D

Here are some of the beautiful postcards.

The Dmitrievskaya Tower



The Georgievskaya Tower


Anyway Azli, Aizat and Hafiz are in the same place as Farah. Sara, Fikri and Annastasia are in Moscow while Syakirah, Lily, Sibol, Ahmed and Muslim are in Volgograd. Did I pronounce it correct? Vol-vo-gred?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam,
you better keep it... =)
although, i must warn you... the places look definitely much better in pictures...

Anonymous said...

heyyy rashaad! u got a letter from farah?

coool gile!

sarah called me all the way from russia. huhuhuuh. saje je nak menyebok.

:P

Ahmad Rashaad said...

that's even better sofiya! :P . at least I got written evidence from her which is better than verbal! haha