Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tragedi Oktober


I attended my cousin's open house last week and was warmly greeted by his family. Many friends, relatives and peers of his family were there, all were smartly dressed. The foods were delicious, nasi briyani, daging kambing, chocolate fudge, ketupat etc and it was an eye opener for me and I was spoilt with too many choices.

The day went on, until evening there was a match between Manchester United vs Everton. All were glued on the plasma TV. I noticed an Indian guy wearing Batik was standing near the sofa. He was my father's friend. So I greeted him.

I was introduced to him by my dad. Both were in their early 50's. Normally when a conversation takes place, I will be asked about my name and age.

"How old are you young man?"

"This year I am 19."

"Are you serious? You gotta be kidding! It looks 14 to me."

I felt like I was hit by a ball straight in my face. Standing there suddenly I felt young again. 5 years younger. No lah, there's no such thing like that, I was puzzled though. Is it because I don't have sideburns or moustache like normal teenagers of my age do? Or my physical appearance, face or behaviour doesn't reflect of my age?

Sometimes I have problem watching movies listed 18 SG, 18 SX, 18 PL etc at cinemas. Imagine the idea of taking my IC from my wallet and place it on the counter even though I'm already 18. malu giler weyh. It happened to me mostly last year. Now not anymore. :) Even my younger sister managed to pass through.

What more about clubs?

The good thing about it is, well there's so many good reasons to write here. :P Well age is only a number though.

So, I replied to the man wearing Batik, "I am definitely 19 you moron."

2 comments:

Qaisy Jaslenda said...

I think you should just say it (m*r*n) to him.

Then he will realised you're no longer 14!

hehe

Ahmad Rashaad said...

moron seems to be a word of same class as shi*, bit** ... younger people dont do that, only teenagers. hehe. way to go qaisy, u hit on the jackpot